After an unexplained seven-month delay, Planned Parenthood released it's 2004-2005 annual report on June 1st. The report covers the one year period from July 1, 2004 to June 30, 2005.
This report by Planned Parenthood shows that Planned Parenthood had a record year financially. It took in more total money ($882 million), more government money ($272.7 million) and more clinic money ($346.8 million) than ever before.
The report shows it killed a record number of babies (255,015 surgical abortions) and we estimate it took in a record $108 million from its abortion business - accounting for 31 percent of its clinic income
There was no mention in the report of the number of mothers who have died getting abortions at Planned Parenthood. PP did, however, give Planned Parenthood Golden Gate, the affiliate responsible for administering the medical abortion that resulted in the death of Holly Patterson, their Clinical Service Expansion and Outreach award!
In the area of sex education, despite Planned Parenthood's spending a record $45.4 million, the number of attendees at its sex education programs was 200,000 less than the previous year - although it did report that Teenwire.com (its very offensive sex site for kids) visits were up 45 percent over the year before. The report also showed that Planned Parenthood is pushing its sex education on the international scene. It reported that it gave sex education programs to 550,000 youth outside the United States, and bragged that 115,000 of those youth were now using contraception - most for the first time.
And what can we say about the profits? Another $63 million in profits for PP brings its total profits to $649.6 million since 1987. Its total net assets have now risen to $784.1 million - $478.7 million in cash or investments.
- The full Planned Parenthood annual report can be viewed online.
- American Life League has prepared a document giving the detailed financial and service statistics of Planned Parenthood for the last five years. You can obtain a free copy of that document by sending an e-mail to email@example.com and putting the words "PP statistics" in the subject line.
Here are some bullet facts you can use when making talks, informing public officials, or writing letters to the editor:
- Planned Parenthood is an $882 million business that made $63 million in profits last year.
- Planned Parenthood has made a total profit of $649.6 million since 1987.
- Planned Parenthood has received $3.9 billion (yes, that's billion, with a "b") in taxpayer money since 1987.
- Planned Parenthood spends $45 million a year on its sex education programs in an effort to sexualize our children.
- Planned Parenthood's abortion business provides 31 percent of its clinic income.
- Planned Parenthood kills over one-quarter million babies each year in its own facilities
- Planned Parenthood does 180 abortions for every one adoption referral
- Planned Parenthood kills 14 babies for every one it helps with prenatal care
- Planned Parenthood committed 19.8 percent of abortions in the United States in 2004
- Over 3.8 million babies have died in Planned Parenthood facilities since abortion on demand became the law of the land.